16 December 2008

Tanking and Healing

So, the 2-piece T7 warrior bonus is awesome.

I got my gloves Wednesday-ish, and my chest Saturday. I got my badge neck yesterday after two times attempting Naxx (and clearing the spider wing and up to the four horsemen in the death knight wing). I think this brings my count down to 1 pure upgrade from heroics, and 2-3 sidegrades. I'll probably be running Pinnacle for that sword until I get the next step up in Naxx.

I think this week will give me time to work on my druid. I feel like he's been neglected lately, but tanks are so hard to find, and I'm the only tank I know that's online most of the time. Ironically, all the death knights are dps (go figure).

It's odd to me that I feel more pressure to do well as a healer. As a tank, if I die in a heroic or raid, it's because the dps or healers didn't have enough throughput. As a healer, if anyone dies, it's because I didn't have enough throughput. It's pretty funny when you think about it.

At any rate, I've read a lot about druid healing in the last few days and found one particularly good post about direct heals that helped me decide when to use Nourish vs. Regrowth. Sadly, Nourish is pretty lackluster in most situations - especially compared to a glyphed Regrowth. Now, if there were a glyph for Nourish (and there might be, I haven't seen a complete list of druid glyphs anywhere, yet) that made it gain some portion of Improved Regrowth's crit, say even 25% instead of the whole 50%, it would be a pretty good spell. But I think the only glyph for Nourish right now is the one that gives it an extra 5% healing per HoT on the target. This makes it a nice spell, but it's hardly practical. Especially when the other glyph options don't have state requirements on them. Niche spells are nice, but not when the niche is so small.

My gear is still very much a work in progress. I'm up to 1430ish healing, but I think I'll need at least 200-300 more for Naxx. There are some really great pieces from heroics I can still get, so that's what I'll be working on this week. The T7 gloves and chest are requisite, too. <3 set bonuses. I think I can get 3-5 pieces this week if I need to for Naxx, but with the severe lack of tanks on the server in general, I think I'll probably just stick with my warrior. Remember when tanks and healers could get into PuGs? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Anyway, that's about it for me. I might take to leveling my shaman just to get his professions up, but honestly I'm not that impressed with him. Or my death knight. They both feel very clunky play-wise, but very solid mehanic-wise.

WTB MOAR PROFESHUNS PER CHARAKTER

. . .
. . .
. . .

And with that bit of insanity, I'm off to pusue merry ventures in that thing called "real life." Whatever that is.

No comments: